Pages

10 July 2007

words that keep me

so these are things i've heard recently that make me feel more alive.
they deserve to be recognized for what they are,
words,
but beyond that, they keep me moving.
feeling.
knowing.
loving.
and they are simple words.

"Loving-kindness (maitri) toward ourselves doesn't mean getting
rid of anything. Maitri means that we can still be crazy, we can still
be angry. We can still be timid or jealous or full of feelings of
unworthiness. Meditation practice isn't about trying to throw
ourselves away or become something better. It's about befriending who
we are already."- Pema Chodron

"they say this place has changed, but strip away all of the technology and you would see that we all are hunters, hunting for something that will make us okay." (sleeping at last)

" So strange...some men - well let's just say I got lucky and so did Caroline!
As with anything in this world - dont let this one spoil the fun...
this one person or event, I mean." (my mother, whom I adore)

"We love you, Stephanie." -bob hancock




No comments: