Pages

06 October 2008

like phoenix, we rise

what would you say [thursday] was a humble success. thank you everyone who participated. a heart piercing package will be on it's way to crystal tomorrow for her many creative ideas. crystal please contact me for info. stephanie.tabb@gmail.com

still waking up today, "rising like a phoenix" as i was so reminded before i was even out of bed. made me think of maya angelou, and her words in one of my favorite poems: and i still rise. made me think of hallie: stretching her body and her soul these past many days in new york, creating flow in her mind and corpse, allowing flow and the beauty of everything that exists. she is a net for these kinds of things. i am so so so excited at the thought of seeing her brilliance on Thursday! that's, like, tomorrow! (but not exactly, tomorrow is Tuesday) the pink house ladies reunion is this weekend and i am certain it will be spirited and so sparkling with goodness. it's victoria wall's birthday and we are going to be blessed in ash's new home; the only missing piece will be our dear e*waT, who will most certainly be a) missed b) there in spirit c) celebrated because we love and cherish her every ounce. sending blessings of certainty & solid, unwavering love to you today e*. also missed: kate marks, sarah andreozzi, michelle john, megan marshall, jane buchanan, markthomp, joe, and the many, many folks who visited and frequented and neighbored and blessed our pink house in charleston.

i am working on a art project to guide while we're all together. really hoping for success* thank you KeLLy RaE roBerTs for your amazing instructions in TAKING FLIGHT. hoping hoping hoping we will be able to make something fabulous to treasure.

well: lots to look forward to this week but lots to get done in the mean time. wishing everyone blessings in abundance & magic discovery throughout the week
Still I Rise
by Maya Angelou

You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I'll rise.

Does my sassiness upset you?
Why are you beset with gloom?
'Cause I walk like I've got oil wells
Pumping in my living room.

Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise.

Did you want to see me broken?
Bowed head and lowered eyes?
Shoulders falling down like teardrops,
Weakened by my soulful cries.

Does my haughtiness offend you?
Don't you take it awful hard
'Cause I laugh like I got gold mines
Diggin' in my own back yard.

You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.

Does my sexiness upset you?
Does it come as a surprise
That I dance like I've got diamonds
At the meeting of my thighs?

Out of the huts of history's shame
I rise
Up from a past that's rooted in pain
I rise
I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,
Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.
Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
I rise
Into a daybreak that's wondrously clear
I rise
Bringing the gifts my ancestors gave,
I am the dream and the hope of the slave.
I rise
I rise
I rise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you made my WEEK w/this little shout-out stephO. thank you. xxEwat