Pages

09 March 2010

the week of worthiness (a la bréne brown)

my very favorite author, Bréne Brown, is hosting a week of worthiness over on her blog, Ordinary Courage. It is the collaborative celebration of who you are, right now, as you are.  what an outrageous thing to celebrate! you, not improved. just you, you, you. oh yes, and me, too! just as we are.

if i had more time, i'd probably create a collage to honor the occasion. but instead, i will leave you with a prompt. what makes you ordinary? what are your ordinary habits? when was the last time you stopped and celebrated those qualities? we get stuck in an endless pursuit of our better selves, and we lose sight of what is working. what is perfect about the way we are, just as we are. i encourage you to take account of those qualities. and celebrate them.

jump on over to help blog for more ordinary goodness! and while you're at it, order her newly released DVD, "the hustle for worthiness" or her book "I Thought it was just me." when i read Dr. Brown's work for the first time, I couldn't believe my eyes. she is courageous and inspiring and down to earth in the most meaningful ways. i hope you'll find your way to worthiness this week.

next time you find yourself in front of a mirror or window, take a slow moment and whisper: i am worthy.  (or shout, your choice)

xo, stephanie

6 comments:

squarepegperson said...

Great prompts! Thanks for these, I'm going to be reflecting on them today...

Melody said...

I whispered, but now I may shout. Love your prompts, too.

Elisse said...

Oh my! Celebrating the ordinary? About me?

Your prompts make me rethink & reframe how I am "being" in the now and how I express gratitude in the moment. You're right, we don't have to look too far to find what is worth celebrating :)

Hugs to you & hope you're having a great week!

Jumbleberry Orchard said...

Hey, I just found your blog (I saw the title 'Heart Piercing Life' on Kaileen Elise's blog list, and loved this for a blog title!) and wanted to say HELLO! I love your writing style, especially your post on the Austin Half Marathon - I'm running a half marathon in May, and you put into words the way I'm feeling about it, so thanks :-)

brett said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marly said...

Great advice. Why is that so easy to forget. For me it shows up in eating too many cookies. That's when I know I'm feeling less worthy. OK. Preventive prescription will be whispering (I'll start with that) in the mirror. If people think I'm crazy, I'll send them to your site!