Pages

08 May 2010

the constant, calming reminder

this is your life. a canvas blank with possibility.
a board, waiting for your inspiration.
and so, so much more.

this is your one, delightful opportunity 
to sing a song
lift up your eyes to the horizon
and 
raise your brush.

given a wondrous palette,
you will create the concrete vision
of what matters most.

and 
hang it,
before your eyes,
to stand as the constant, calming reminder
that deep down,
in the eyes of your heart,
you are pursuing that vision.
creating that dream. 

hold nothing back.
pour out all that you have.
out of your unique beauty,
construct a masterpiece.

11 comments:

Lee Anne Smith said...

I agree, hold nothing back, live each moment as if it were your last.

Melita said...

<3 this!! hugs!!

Daily Life Of A Teen said...

I was looking through blogs and saw this poem. Did you write it because its really good (:. Check out my blog, I'm new to blogger!

Lauren said...

That's beautiful. :)

Lauren
Lrstewart0711.blogspot.com

Amanda Monteiro said...

http://elpalpite.blogspot.com

La RockShell said...

hey i just clicked next blog and i found you :) cool site!

La RockShell said...

hey i just clicked next blog and i found you :) cool site!

joven said...

hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com

blog for steveLi said...

hey i just clicked next blog and i found you :) cool site!2010 prom dress

Marly said...

Lovely! It kind of reminds me of a song by David Wilcox called "Leave it Like it Is" where they put a frame around accidental splotches of paint and everyone loves it; thinks its modern art. Sometimes life throws splotches of paint on our life canvas and your poem is a reminder to incorporate it into our masterpiece. love it!
Marly
www.namelymarly.com
(for some reason I can't login for my google id right now so I'm leaving my credentials so you can remember who I am!)

Rain Barrel dot CA said...

uplifting site! http://rainbarrel.ca/