Pages

03 December 2010

day two {a day late}

it's appropriate that i skipped day two, right? the prompt:



December 2 – Writing. What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it? (Author: Leo Babauta)


ahem. well. i write all day long: i craft emails that i wordsmith meticulously because i care deeply and passionately about great customer service.  however, when i get home, and i'm on "my time," i don't write for me with the same care & compassion. 
blogging, letter writing, and heart-to-heart emails to friends are too few and far between. everyone says this, and its also true for me: by the time i've worked 8+ hours in front of a computer screen, and written 20+ page papers for graduate school, i'm literally want NOTHING to do with a computer.
but i'm still guilty of not journaling or writing the letters, too. i'm often too busy in the present moment to be present, and that's something i certainly want to work on. there is no excuse.
still, in spite of the exhaustion and fatigue, i need to write more honor on the mirror of my soul. i need to be cognisant of the quiet words that i'm writing all day. carelessly scribing in my thoughts and in my intentions.  these written words are more like engraved, are they not?  
so its day two of reverb 10 and i'm a day late? in perfect stephanie fashion... i'm writing possibility on a post-it and sticking it to my keys. i'm carving out time for this, and putting something else on the "TO DO later" list instead. xoxo back later this evening with Day 3.

1 comment:

Elloa said...

Stephanie...

I don't know you, but when I read your words, I feel myself soften. You write beautiful, eloquent, delicate words. Your blog gives me a soft place to land. I love hearing that you carefully craft your emails because you care about meticulous customer service.

I aspire to have qualities that I see pouring out of you.

Thanks for introducing me to Reverb10.

Love,
Elloa