Pages

04 December 2010

reverb 10 days three & four

conveniently, days three and four are a mash-up for me.  perhaps the moments i remember are also those that fill me with wonder. perhaps its because i want it that way, or because that's the way it happens for me. but that's how i remember it. here are the prompts:
day 3: Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors). (Author: Ali Edwards) 
day 4: Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?


this year was really about being more alive for me. it was about the leaps & bounds, not the chains & bindings. mostly in regards to my personal quest to be more me and less reserved in life. but a moment when i was most aware of this alive feeling, humph. hard to come up with this one. i sat with it and thought about standard responses i could use:

but in all honesty-those weren't moments, those were monumental life shifts. those were huge. those were stories for grandchildren. a moment is one you savour. a moment is one you think: this will never be the same. a moment is an instant. and for me, a moment that is memorable is almost always one filled with wonder. so while i was stuck, day three's prompt became day four's prompt. perfect timing, reverb 10.




 the moment of wonder occurred at my dear friend victoria's wedding weekend in section, alabama. 
it occurred as i stood alongside some of the most talented, intelligent & whole hearted woman i know.  
{the ones that weren't present that day, i held in my heart in a special way}

and not only did we stand together, but i saw how much we'd grown thanks to one another.
these were the women i met in college--freshman year--who ended up becoming some of my closest companions on the journey of life.
but the moment: 
sunshine and alabama.
dresses and fresh flowers.
seeing the world through a soft net.
standing among some of the most gracious people i know.
seeing so clearly that i, too, must bring something deep & wise to that group.
the awe and beauty of who these women are, led me to see my own wonder clearly.
and seeing, we believe.
and believing is a powerful thing
because our inner whispers change pace.
our confidence turns into courage, grace, motivation.
and these tools fill us with the spirit to:
dance
speak from the heart
run 
write 
cook 
rest
tell our story
listen well
create
hold hands
serve others
and 
so much more. 

talk about a moment of wonder.
xoxo stephanie

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Old friends are amazing, aren't they? I have known my best friends for 30 years - they have seen me through childhood to adulthood - and have been there for every good, and sometimes more importantly, every bad moment in my life. Great post (and pics too!)

Kate Muker said...

Reflection is such a beautiful thing...I felt like I was there with you in the moment as you reflected on the amazing journey that you and your wonderful friends have been through together and become. Thank you for that.

On another note, your focus for '10 gets me fired up because it is my focus for '11 - to be alive and free and I feel it through your writing.

Breezy said...

Congrats on your engagement! Happy wedding planning. Love your blog!