Pages

20 December 2010

reverb10: ebb & flow

i know i'm not the only one feeling ever-so-slightly behind on my reverb10 posts. we could talk about that for days though, and talk about all the reasons why we're behind and whats been holding us and why we've thought about giving up and on & on. but in my heart of hearts, i think only one thing need be said: 


reverb10 is all about the ebb & flow. 

so gear up for a good long post and lets get to it! i am going to get specific, and ATTEMPT to keep this to a minimum of <3 sentences per prompt. think i can do it?


December 13 – Action. When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step? (Author: Scott Belsky)
EASY! Next steps: 
1) set wedding date. 
2) sign up for road race(s). 
3) sign up for wellness coaching certification.
December 14 – Appreciate. What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it? (Author: Victoria Klein)
More than ever before, I appreciate the lives and stories of people sitting around the table with me. In the boardroom, on barstools, at the beach; I continue to find myself alongside human beings whose stories have meaning, value & heart. I feel able to listen with less judgement, more appreciation & increased gratitude than ever before.
December 15 – 5 Minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010. (Author: Patti Digh)
(breaking my three sentence rule in place of a time limit. the prompt made me!) 2010 in three word sentences for 5 minutes. go! my golden year. pursuit of passions. change, challenge, & courage. picnic with paul. engaged! austin half marathon. get healthy now. eleanor beatrice. wing-wide. heart-centered. 2,400 miles to austin. celebration of love. back to school. new york city. energy & vitality.
December 16 – Friendship. How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst? (Author: Martha Mihalick)
The covenant of friendship is more sacred to me than ever before. I have seen how as our lives change, that which is central takes a certain focus, and we must determine, everyday, in each moment, what matters most. Knowing that, in a deep way, allows us to honor the decisions of our friendships, hold space for one another in a light-hearted way, while also honoring the beauty (and certainty) of change. 
December 17 – Lesson Learned. What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward? (Author: Tara Weaver)
I learned that I have gifts & talents that are recognized in many capacities, and the power to manifest my dreams in concrete ways, through simple actions & unwavering faith.  This will be a lesson that is learned and relearned throughout the years.
December 18 – Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it? (Author: Kaileen Elise)
Kaileen, I'm so glad you asked! I didn't manifest something that I think would be beneficial and lead to increased well-being for many people. Its on the list for 2011. Stay tuned...
December 19 – Healing. What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011? (Author: Leonie Allan)
I never told the blog world about my sudden leg problem before the half-mary or about the little aches and pains along the way. I'm so grateful for my health & wellbeing, the little things always work themselves out. ;) 
December 20 – Beyond Avoidance What should you have done this year but didn’t because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?) (Author: Jake Nickell)
I despise the world should, but in all truth: I should have been more reflective, more generous, more kind. 2010 was so good to me & there isn't enough that I could give or do or be out of the gratitude I hold for this year. 2011 will certainly offer up those opportunities. I just know it!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Worth the wait! Thanks for sharing.
:)