Pages

24 March 2013

Lately

Updates from around my life lately:
  1. I could eat chia seeds on anything: cottage cheese, oatmeal, midnight batches of cookies, salads, and so on.
  2. I've been sick, achy and complaining the past 4 days, especially when Paul's around. That equates to about all of the time.
  3. I fell totally in love with being an auntie, again. Baby Cami turned 1, Grant came to visit sans mommy, Eleanor has been learning new words and phrases from her days at school and it's hysterical, and Sofia...well she's just Sofia. The bees knees little 3+ year old. 
  4. I absolutely have the biggest girl crush on goal-crusher and resident badass Jacki Carr. #sorryI'mnotsorry
  5. Hot tea by the gallon has been consumed. This late March cold spell in Kentucky makes me a whore for hot tea and more backscratching than usual. And I'm ok with that.
  6. I'm counting down the days until class is over. Weeks, days, assignments away from grad school being in the rear view mirror. One semester of internship left and then it's BOOYAH...Throwin' that cap!
  7. We're bringing home our chocolate labradoodle puppy in less than a week and I'm beyond excited. Can't think of a time in life when I've experienced such anticipation. Sweet puppy kisses and spring walks and a new running buddy and learning the groove of another being... Paul's dedication to sharing our home and making it a place for this pup is about the sweetest thing ever. Get ready for never ending puppy stories. [p.s. this is a true example of how i've changed as a human over the past 10 years.]
  8. Recently my dad and alicia and paul were having a conversation about how my artistic style, while evolving, has a specific look to it. What a compliment. My heart wants to spend more time in that space. Haven't hung there lately and I can feel it. Reference item 2.
  9. An all-consuming work deadline has both been totally overwhelming and totally heart-warming at the same time. The generosity of folks who know you're on a timeline///the challenge of totally new topics (have you ever selected industrial toilet paper dispensers?)///the maintain-your-sanity while going all out? #humbled
  10. On two separate occasions, I have found myself stopped dead in my tracks with such gratitude for what life holds. The first time it was when I was pulling fresh sheets and towels out of the dryer. I literally thought to myself: I love the smell of life, real, just-as-it-is, life. A few deep long breaths of that hot, fresh air had me still with gratitude. And the other time I was hopping in the back seat of my parents car, heading to dinner, manhattan fresh in my belly, pinching myself: my heart is so grateful for my amazing family + sweet relationships that I treasure. 
The visual version of these updates: http://instagram.com/stephanieweldy

Happy Sunday, loves!
I'm running a bubble bath and finding some of my favorite pens. 
xoxo
stephanie




1 comment:

Kaileen Elise said...

So great to see your post on my Facebook Wall - and then to read this. Sounds like you have a lot going on... and so much to be grateful about!! Sending love and sparkle your way. xo, Kaileen